8/26/2011

Blog Project: Blogging Mistakes

It is time for another blog project! On the first one we collected 30 traffic generation tips from 30 different bloggers, and the result was a pretty useful list. The new topic will be something different but equally interesting: blogging mistakes.

John Powell once said: “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing”. That is the spirit of this blog project. I am pretty sure every blogger committed at least one mistake, whether it was related to the site design, to the domain name, to promotion techniques or search engine optimization. The important thing is to learn from them, and on this project we will hopefully learn not only from our mistakes but also from the ones other people committed so that we avoid those pitfalls.

Here are the rules to participate:

**  Write a post on your blog about one blogging mistake that you did on the past. Describe how the mistake affected your blog and how you managed to correct it. There are no limitations on the number of words so feel free to write a short or long post.

** Send an email through the Contact form with your name, post title and permalink of the post.

** After I publish the final list of entries you write a post on your blog linking to all of them.

The objective of this project is to collect some blogging tips, to allow people to discover and interact with new bloggers and to share the link love. As I mentioned on the first edition I always liked group writing projects, but one thing that I did not like was the fact that some selfish participants would receive backlinks and not link to other people.

That is why I inserted rule number 3, so that every participant agrees to link to every other participant. The mathematics behind it is pretty simple, if 50 people participate on the project you will write a post linking to 49 people and in exchange you will receive 49 backlinks.

Entries can be submitted until the midnight of next Sunday (April 1st) and the final list of entries will be published on the following Monday. I will also publish my entry later this week… man did I mess up the first time I installed WordPress.

Anyway I am looking forward for your blogging mistakes!

Writter: MD. RAKIBUL ISLAM OLY [R.I.O.]


www.RIOtunes.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

free counters

Submit ExpressSEO Services & Tools