8/26/2011

5 Lessons I’ve Learned for Blogging Survival

When I started my blog seven months ago I was not aware of the challenges I will be facing. I thought that having the essential knowledge in building a blog and basic writing skills was enough to bring me to success. But I was dead wrong! Never would I have imagined that maintaining a blog is hard work requiring strict discipline and unbending will to keep on going.
Many times I felt like giving up. I feel depressed knowing the fact that I’m the only audience of my own blog. Nobody seems to care about what I write. Not even a single comment was received to encourage me to pursue. I’m sure established bloggers have experience this scenario once in their blogging careers.
Fortunately, I never give up. Instead of wallowing on a perceived defeat I studied why I am not making any progress; it’s amazing how one can learn if he truly seek. The reason most bloggers fail is that they don’t take the necessary moves to study their approach concerning the ineffectiveness of their methods. As I learn from my mistakes, my blog evolved.

Here are the lessons I’ve learned that have benefited my blogging endeavors tremendously:

1. Learning to see what works and what doesn’t. And doing something about it
In our efforts to build a successful blog, we implement methods to put us closer to this end. However, most of us fail to see that some of the strategies we use does not work for us in any way. Expecting that our methods are full proof, we are under the impression that it will work. And when we finally realize that it doesn’t, we stop without reconsidering our approach. It is wise consider the fact that what works for others may not work for you. Many otherwise successful bloggers commit this fatal error.
2. Discouragement is part of the struggles of blogging
Discouragements will always be a part of any struggles to succeed. The catch though is not to wallow on it. Instead of harboring the feeling that our efforts seem not to fruitful, we should find ways to make us more effective in our blogging endeavors. Looking for ways to fortify our endeavors could prove helpful than entertaining the “fact” that we are failing.

3. Giving up is the greatest mistake you will ever make
One powerful attitude of a successful blogger is perseverance. Unfortunately, few are wise enough to accept this challenge. Who said success would be easy? If we want to achieve our goals, we have to face the struggles inherent in its pursuit. As we work our way through, there will be times when all our effort seems to be not paying off, and the idea of giving up beckons its comforting release. But we should be smart enough not to fall for it. What most of us don’t realize is that every difficulty we face is a test of our determination. Giving up easily means we are not determined enough to make an achievement.

4. Allow time to do its work. Never fall for instant gratification
In these fast times, most of us want immediate result. But never attempt to employ this kind of rush in blogging. Every road to success requires time to achieve. Every method we use in enhancing our blog needs time to arrive at an ideal result. Impatience on this aspect leads to unwise decision making. In whatever endeavors we are working with our blogs—be it community building, social networking, link building, site promotion—always remember that result comes with time.

5. Hard work pays off
We will never know how good it feels like once we enjoy the fruits of our labor. While most inexperienced bloggers run from the idea of hard work, some are wise enough to take its challenge; these kinds of blogger knows what it takes to succeed online. Building a solid foundation on our blogs requires hard work, but the reward we get far exceeds the sacrifice we have given.
There are still more lesson I will learn along the way, but the learning I have acquired above are the most important. Success is an option available to us all. By choosing to succeed in blogging, we commit ourselves to take on the responsibility of facing all the challenges that will come, and winning at all cost. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

free counters

Submit ExpressSEO Services & Tools